We’re always in search of new talent to join our team, check out our latest careers at VIQUA.
Electrical Engineer/Technologist – Guelph, ON
The role of the Electrical Engineer is to design, develop and maintain electrical components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. As a member of the Product Development/Engineering Team the Electrical Engineer will be required to lead PCI projects, develop and drive Value Engineering ideas as well as being involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and manufacturing process development.
As well as having technical knowledge, this role requires the candidate to be able to project manage, multitask and have commercial awareness. Additional attributes, such as team leadership or management skills, are required to be successful in this position.
- Designing systems and products
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Making models and prototypes of products using Solid works
- Liaising with others in the design team and with cross-functional teams
- Designing and conducting tests
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data
- Proposing modifications and retesting products, researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Qualifying final products or systems
- Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design with support from Engineering Lab Team
- Investigate and test vendors’ and competitors’ products.
- Able to identify areas for improved value engineering to all current products
Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in related field or equivalent education with at least three-to-five years’ related post-graduate education and/or work experience.
- Experience with Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus,
- Familiarity with plumbing equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the DVP&R and DFMEA tools
- Project management, technical writing, and presentation skills required
- Knowledge and ability to work with all Safety process and regulations
If interested in this position, please forward your resume to HR at email@example.com
VIQUA provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org